Other Paddling Areas
Montrose lake is situated on the east side of the borough of Montrose. The lake
supplies the borough with fresh water. Boarding the south west side of the
lake is an active golf course.
| Section || Difficulty || Distance || Time || Scenery || Page
| Montrose Lake || 0 || n/a || n/a || poor || 38
In: Rt. 29 passes through Montrose going north and south on the east side of the
borough. It passes on the west side of the lake where there is an access area to
the lake by the water treatment plant.
Rt. 29 also passes though the golf course.
Hazards: Watch out for wayward golf balls! On the south west corner of the lake a
small part of the lake lies within the golf course.
Water Conditions: Open ice out to freeze up.
- Difficulty Class:
- 0 = little or no current (beginners).
- 1 = light current (novice paddlers).
- 2 = fast current with small waves (intermediate paddlers).
- 3 = large waves (experienced paddlers only).
- + = plus rocks and boulders to make it more interesting
- * = strainers are likely to be encountered.
- Page: Refers to page number in DeLorme's New York State Atlas & Gazetteer. 1988
Oct. 2004 Feb. 2010